Wednesday 24 April 2013

MDA2900 - Other projects

I have, as part of this module, helped out on 2 other projects!

The first was Arielle and Pauliina's 'Tough Love' which is a great story about a young couple (is this a theme?) who's dysfunctional relationship descends into violence, which has been brought on by the actions of either couple!

My role was as First AD, which meant that I had to keep an eye on the schedule and make sure everything ran smoothly, and also to call the shots, which once I got settled into the role I did efficiently!

I also filled out camera reports for them, which while not specifically a job for the First AD, was experience of a skill which I will definitely use one day!

I'm very excited to see how their film turns out!

The other projects I helped out on was as a runner in Francisco and Collet's film, (filming at my house, I was a great person to handle the tea-making and cooking responsibilites, as they were using my kitchen!) and I also helped Tuva and Anne with their documentary 'Hunting with Maria', by proofreading and re-phrasing their transcribed subtitles so that the dialoge seemed more natural and made more sense in the English Language! While not an aspect of production itself, it goes to show how many different roles go into making a film, and it let me exercise my skills picked up in A Level English Language, which I've surprisingly used a lot on this course, what with storytelling, screenwriting and the multitude of essays!

No comments:

Post a Comment